Product Description
8" Soft Toe Boots. TR-1 Load bearing orthotic insole. Breathable combat lunar lining. Heel and tow overlays designed to extend wear and life of boots. Low profile sole reduces weight and improves mobility. Vibram IBEX Outsole built for rugged terrain. Deeply serrated heel kicker aids in braking and arresting a slide. Deeply serrated toe bumper aids in vertical climbing and crawling. Rappelling bars extend wear of outsole. Aggressive lace-to-toe style allows for a customized fit.
| List Price: | $160.00 |
| Price: | $124.99 |
| as of Tue, 26 Feb 2013 14:56:33 GMT ***Remember, deals price on this item for sale just for limited time*** | |
Product Details
- Size: 10 D(M) US
- Color: Multicam
- Brand: Tactical Research
- Fabric type: leather
Features
- 8" soft-toe boots
- TR-1 Load bearing orthotic insole
- Breathable combat lunar lining
- Heel and tow overlays designed to extend wear and life of boots
Customer Reviews
Most helpful customer reviews
5 of 5 people found the following review helpful.Awesome boots
By Daniel Conner
Just did a 25K movement in these up and down hills and mountains in Afghanistan with no problems what so ever. These boots have awesome grip that allow for some steep hill climbing that my older boots would slip on easily. They are not waterproof but they air dry really fast, which helps when your feet start to sweat. But they also keep your feet warm during the cold nights. Never had to break them in I just put them on and went.
5 of 5 people found the following review helpful.Great Boot.
By Jean Lafitte
Ok I got the desert color version of the boot. Would give it a 4.5 star, but since they won't do 1/2 stars, round up to five stars. I've had them 2.5 weeks at this point, so I may update if needed.
The Good
Super comfortable, no problems so far breaking them in. Shoelike in comfort.They do not need to be broken in, but I used it as a good excuse to wear them around. They are that comfortable.
Very good ankle support. No concerns when I go camping and backpacking in the near future. if they last as long as my last pair of boots (11 years), I'll be going to Philmont or Bechtel in them with my scouts.
Very good traction. Played in remnants of snow, ice, and mud. No problems moving about. See 'The Ugly" about the treads though.
The Bad
Laces are short. When I can find a pair to tan laces or 550 cord, problem will be solved. Not a major concern. Just takes a little longer putting on.
Not speed laces. The upper D rings look like speed laces, but are not. So putting on takes some time. HOWEVER if your knot comes undone or loosens up, the D rings provide enough friction to keep the boot on to provide ankle support. That has happened twice to me so far. Folks had to tell me the boot was untied before I noticed.
Drainage holes. Didn't realize there were drainage holes on inside curve of the boot. Not to big a fan of drainage holes, and I originally thought of putting silicon in them to plug them up. However it does help ventilate the boots overnite.
Not waterproof. Bought the Kiwi Boot Care kit with Kiwi Protector and problem was solved. Again not a big deal.
The Ugly
The treads on the boot are so deep that the wife complained that I was tracking dirt throughout the house. So make sure to take off the boots ASAP when coming into the house after playing in the mud. Worth the traction the boots give.
5 of 6 people found the following review helpful.comfortable, but NOT durable
By Thomas
I bought these boots for a month long deployment and combat training course at Camp Bullis, TX. I put in speed laces instantly because the laces that come with them are short and difficult to maneuver in a hurry. They are comfortable. VERY comfortable. There is a lot of toe room so your toes won't fatigue from standing, walking, running around after a 16 hour shift. The tread is AWESOME for rocky terrain. I was hurdling rocks and sprinting up steep rock hills with no issue. However, they did not hold up to the rigors that we were put through. About 15 other guys on the team bought these boots as well. I saw the leather rip at the lace rings, at the heel, at the toes, and where the leather glues to the sole. Pretty much anywhere stress is applied. Mine personally ripped on the inside of the foot where the leather was sewn to the small nylon portion. A little super glue fixed mine (and not in a pretty way), but others weren't so lucky. What makes it hurt is the amount of money I and everyone else spent on these suckers just to see them all get destroyed within 4 weeks of hard use. Yes they went through some pretty hard use. But they ARE combat boots. They should be able to handle combat situations. The standard issue Belleville's others were wearing held up just fine. They are heavy and uncomfortable, but at least they last.
No comments:
Post a Comment