Product Description
The Rockport® Basalt men's shoe is casual and sporty; it features a comfortable full-grain leather upper and a well-cushioned EVA footbed. Its Strobel® construction enhances the walking motion for a smooth ride, while the rubber outsole provides durability and traction.
| List Price: | $105.00 |
| Price: | $92.95 |
| as of Tue, 26 Feb 2013 14:56:30 GMT ***Remember, deals price on this item for sale just for limited time*** | |
Product Details
- Size: 9.5 D(M) US
- Color: Dark Brown
- Brand: Rockport
- Model: Basalt
- Fabric type: leather
- Number of items: 1
- Dimensions: 4.00 pounds
From the Manufacturer
Rockport has always been one step ahead of the times, believing the perfect shoe has not yet been invented. This positive dissatisfaction compels them to constantly improve upon their footwear. Founded in 1971, they were the first company to use advanced athletic technologies in casual shoes to achieve lightweight comfort, and the first company to engineer walking comfort in dress and casual shoes.
Customer Reviews
Most helpful customer reviews
8 of 9 people found the following review helpful.feels more like a slipper than a boot
By asc
I have owned many pairs of Rockport boots...they feel great and last forever.
So I ordered these online. However, this style feels nothing like my older boots...they do not support my ankles and feel more like slippers than boots. They are made of high quality materials but just dont feel quite right...I am going to give them to my brother.
7 of 8 people found the following review helpful.The most comfortable boot I have ever worn
By keninpa
I work a 14 hour shift 3 to 5 days a week. I stand and walk most of that time on hard concrete floors. My feet were killing me. I began a quest to find the most comfortable shoe or boot that I could find. My quest ended when I worn my Rockport Basalt boots for the first time. They are lightweight and the leather is very supple, they seem to mold to your foot. They absorb the shock of walking on concrete like no other boot that I have ever owned. I have a black and a brown pair that I alternate wearing. I also bought 2 more pairs as a back up. It always seems that when I really like something, they discontinue it. The only negative that I have found with these boots is that they don't have the best grip on slippery oily floors at work. I learned to adjust to that. It would have been nice if they had added a few speed lace hooks instead of grommets all the way up. The bottom line with me is comfort and the Basalt is the king of comfort.
6 of 7 people found the following review helpful.A good walking shoe
By J. Gallimore
I've owned several pairs of Rockport shoes over the years and have always found them comfortable but somewhat overpriced. I had moved on to other shoes mostly because of price.
After suffering an ankle injury I started looking at boots so I could get some additional ankle support. I visited a number of local stores but the boots were too ugly or out of stock. I turned to Amazon to find new ones.
This Rockport was just what I wanted. I liked the look and the price.
The shoes arrived sooner than I expected. I put them on and they felt perfect right out of the box with great ankle support. I feel very secure wearing them. After 2 weeks I have no complaints. They still feel great.
I would recommend middle to heavy weight socks. They seem to fill the shoe better. I usually wear wool hiking socks and I think it makes a difference.
I plan to purchase another pair when these wear out.
No comments:
Post a Comment