Product Description
17" Aged Regina Eastern Shore Leather Leather Lining Zipper in Back Body Cushion ™ Orthotic Insert Goodyear Leather Welt Construction Vibram ™ Stockbridge Gumlite Outsole Made or Assembled in USA 23938 Chippewa Men's Upland Snakeproof Hunti
Product Details
- Size: 8 D(M) US
- Color: Aged Regina
- Brand: Chippewa
- Model: 23938
- Fabric type: leather
- Number of items: 1
Features
- Leather Hunting Boots
From the Manufacturer
Chippewa Boot Company has been an American tradition in outdoor lifestyle footwear since 1901. Chippewa boots are the highest quality choice for the person who wants only the best in rugged outdoor footwear. Superior components and craftsmanship go into the construction of every pair. So whether you wear Chippewa for function or fashion, Chippewa boots are built to stand the test of time and, with classic styling, they'll satisfy the most demanding and discriminating shopper.
Customer Reviews
Most helpful customer reviews
12 of 12 people found the following review helpful.A Solid Choice
By Joseph Peter Pestana
There are precious few reviews of the Chippewa 23938 17" Snake Boot available and because there are no dealers where I live no way to brick&mortar them. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003DX9V8S/ref=cm_cr_rev_prod_title
My search was prompted by some experiences clear cut hunting quail in Georgia where I had some way too close encounters with 5'Diamondbacks. After doing as much research as I could stand I wanted 1)a REAL certified snakeproof boot (see Chippewa YouTube video) 2) 17"all leather-including liningcomfort3)easy on/off back zipper 4)overall comfort fit traction 5)affordability (ballpark $200+). If you're searching snakeboots Chippewa models are going to be predominant and they seemed to fit my criteria.
I have just received my boots and first impressions are wow. Their nice looking "Aged bark Regina leather" looks uniformly treated. No uglies.The boot profile is solid, handsome and understated with just a modest logo. Zippers are covered with velcro attached leather and work well without sticking or misalignment. Contrasting leather lining looks great. Boots have the expected heft and the leather is thick, but NOT crazy stiff like the really cheap stuff. This 5 ounce leather is what you want for the purpose intended. Important--break in period will be a bit longer with these, but NOT ABNORMALLY SO for the function the boot provides,added safety protection from the thick pointy stuff and fangs. I have read a couple reviews of other similar Chippewa models where this was an apparent issue, but should not be with these.
Vibram sole (plenty for the typical Quail terrain) has a good tread design and the "sole and heel support feel" is balanced.
Width is a true D including the heel This is not a combo last like a C heel D sole. If you are a normal D Width you will be happy with this boot. There is room to move.If you have a narrow heel there will be some slip. Some of that, as with cowboy boots will diminish, however a thicker sock and/or orthotic insert with a more pronounced heel cup will do the trick for you with no problem. In this boot,length seems right on so I would order to size. Unless you have massive calves there is ample room with the tops. The leather lining is soft enough for comfort. No rubs, or rough edges that I can detect. Construction and overall QA seems good on these. Last thoughts, these are snake boots, unless you wear these daily, if you are a bird hunter using them seasonally/infrequently, I would absolutely break them in @ home and not try to do a "right out of the box into the field" act with them. The lowers will need some walking time to get with your foot/ankle. With shipping I have about $225 in these boots. I cannot comment to their durability yet, but I will say that Chippewa put some design thought and care into this model and if you like an all leather boot you will likely enjoy wearing owning these for some time to come. Last thought-if you REALLY love these inventory a second pair in the closet-you just never know how long a model is going to last anymore with these product marketing geniuses! Enjoy!
1 of 1 people found the following review helpful.Best Boot and cute look
By Marie83
I purchased this boot because I live in Florida on a 4 acre property out in the boonies. We recently had a Diamondback in our yard so I decided to buy a pair of high quality snake boots since I am out with the 4 dogs all the time. Better safe than sorry.
The boots arrived today and they are very comfortable. I am a woman and like to have boots that serve the purpose AND look good so I can even wear them when I run errands and stuff. So this boot exceeded my expectations. If you are looking for a pair of snake boots get these. I am in love with them and can finally walk my dogs without scanning the ground all the time. Thanks to the manufacturer!
0 of 0 people found the following review helpful.I just wish they fit
By Jeanne Cantwell
Great quality, sturdy boots, but I had to return them as I could not get my foot into the boot.
I ordered a mens 6 EE because I actually am a woman who wears a 7 E and know that women's shoes don't tend to be true to size. I just figured with heavy woolen socks the mens size would be perfect.
Just couldn't get them on my feet.
No comments:
Post a Comment